Trying to stay on top of my blogging, so getting this done before I check off a bunch of things on my to do list. Groceries. Apple & Almond Time. Gym. Clean. Cook Meat. Nom Nom. Paint Nails. Boyfriend Arrives. Weekend Begins.
Today is Friday and that means progress tracking day! Gotta tell you, I’ve been cheating all week with the scale. I couldn’t wait until Friday to know. Every day the number was better!
Technically, I don’t have to take progress pictures for my trainer’s sake, but I figured, why not take them weekly for the blog’s sake and my own. My trainer only requires monthly shots.
Just a reminder, this was last Friday’s picture at 197.5 pounds.
And here is this morning.
Week 1 Weigh In: 192 pounds
Weight Lost: 5.5 pounds!
Can you see any difference? Yeah, neither can I, but that’s okay. I FEEL the difference.
I can tell my stomach is a bit smoother and throughout the day, it bloats less. Normally, my stomach right before bed feels huuuuuge to me. Also, the waistline from the rear looks a bit slimmer, but that could be the lighting or me grasping at straws.
I started somewhat following the meal plan over last weekend, but had a few things to eat up first like a vegetable soup that I made last week. Don’t want to waste good food! I still lost 1.5 pounds from Friday morning to Monday morning. Then a pound every morning after that. My hope is to see the 180s next week. I can’t even tell you the last time I was that size. Middle school?
Lessons Learned & Highlights of the Week:
- Stair stepper is the devil. I used it Tuesday for my High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and my calves are still tight on Friday! Never again (unless my trainer orders it).
- I love apples and almonds. My afternoon snack is an apple and almonds. 3 o’clock is literally the best time of day now.
- Meal prepping is the shit. I am a single mom, I work a full-time job and a couple part-time jobs plus I train hard. I don’t have time to debate over what to make every day then spend 2 hours making it and cleaning up after I pick the boys up from daycare. Having my meals cooked, measured and stacked in the fridge this week was simply amazing. I’ve meal prepped before, but always large meals that I left in containers then portioned when needed. Grabbing a dish from the fridge and throwing it in my bag has been awesome. Portioned meals in containers are the way to go busy moms!
- Meal prepping needs to happen for the kids. Unfortunately, I didn’t do a very good job of planning their dinners for the week. I had lunch stuff and breakfast covered, but dinner was hurried every night. This weekend, I’m going to prep a couple things for them to eat this week.
- I am not perfect. This isn’t really a lesson for me. I knew this already. A couple nights ago, I had a couple bites of ice cream. Terrible decision. Not on my meal plan, OBVIOUSLY, and dairy pisses off my stomach. Don’t even ask why I just HAD to eat some. I somehow talk myself into thinking it isn’t that bad for me and won’t hurt my stomach, but it always does. “It tastes good,” isn’t a good reason, asshole. Thankfully, it didn’t screw up my week. Holding strong for week 2!
- Co-workers suck. Now, not all of my co-workers and not all the time. But when someone brings in three bags of candy encouraging everyone to eat it, I’m going to say that person sucks.
- Stop. Assess. Solve. Monday morning, I woke up late. Shit. Immediately, thoughts are rushing in my head that I am going to miss the gym and screw my whole training schedule on the very first week, my trainers going to drop me, I’m going to get fat and lazy and depressed and binge instead… BUT rather than panic. I stopped the craziness. Stood quietly for a few minutes… then figured out how to get everything done. Carter to daycare. Harley to sitter. Gym. No shower (sorry!). Daycare to pick up Carter. Preschool home visit. Visit over. HIIT for 20 minutes on the steps. Carter joins me. Cute. Done. Cook eggs for us. Shower. Dressed. Carter back to daycare. Harley’s school to drop off books. Work by 10:30. Whew.
And with that, I think I’ll head out for a busy afternoon.
Thoughts on Week 1? Questions? All welcome in the comments, please!