I don’t want to leave my blog on an angry rant for the day, so here are some things that make me happy lately.
- Clearance sales – I’ve been buying at least one new thing every week because stores are getting ready to bring in spring inventory. It makes me happy because I love trying on clothes now that I’m not so fat.
- Undisturbed fields of snow – No tire marks or snowmobile lines or animal footprints. Just fresh thick blanket of snow on the fields. Scott actually sent me a picture of a field the other day, “thought you’d like this,” he said. See, he’s not a total lost cause.
- Neons and bright colors – Someone told me the other day that my wardrobe is so bright now. Makes me happy.
- Cute guy at the gym who went out of his way to talk to me. It’s just nice to be noticed.
- Paleo – I just started eating this way, been almost a week. I really enjoy getting down to the bare ingredients. I’m buying tons of fresh produce and meat. I’m going to work on buying more organic, free range, grass-fed, etc. stuff. It’s pricey, but if I budget and learn what are good deals, I can watch for sales and eat the way I want. If you fuel your body with crap, it’s going to run like crap. I have IBS and Carter is dairy-intolerant so eating paleo will address both of those simply. I’m kind of splitting meals and modifying things for Scott, like adding cheese for him or whatever so he’ll eat things. I’m trying new foods, which is scary and exciting for me. I’m aiming for 80-90% of the time eating that way right now. That’s the nice thing about it, the flexibility.
- Kiwis and strawberries – I am going to overdose on these soon.
Thank you all for the support! Leave a comment just to say hi if you’re a reader and let me know if there is anything specific you want to hear about. I love research.